We were recently having a conversation with a client who was struggling with a marketing message. Actually, creating a clear and concise marketing message is a common conversation at The Entrepreneur Circle.
For some reason we want to over complicate marketing.
- We get too fancy for our own good
- We think we need to use flowery language, or buy expensive campaigns
- We want to try Bizarre TV commercials
What we need to do is simplify our message.
- Be super clear on your target market
- Understand how prospects want to be communicated with
- Understand what’s important to them
- Create a clear, simple, easy to understand message .
- Tell the truth
- Treat people like intelligent adults