This is a question we hear a lot, folks don’t always understand what we do, and if it is right for them.
The Entrepreneur Circle is a marketing consulting and coaching company that helps Business Owners:
- Create and implement a marketing strategy
- Execute on their goals
- Grow their business
- Acquire new customers…
We do that by providing the following products
- Marketing and strategy consultation
- Business Coaching
- Marketing Management
- Digital Marketing (Create and Manage)
- Manage web design projects
Visit our products page to find out more http://mentalcompass.com/our-products/
Business owners typically approach us when they feel as though …
– Something doesn’t feel right about their business
– Their business isn’t growing as fast as they would like
– Feel overwhelm, or that the business is running them
– They business has evolved and now have to figure out hiring, managing people, marketing, finances.
– Starting to hate their business, and want to bring the joy back
Sometimes people are confused as to why they should hire a business coach. We exist to help you solve problems and get things done in your business.
Still have questions? Give us a call 866-627-6753. Send us a note
Business owners will often ask this question. Why? Because often times business coaches and marketers
- Don’t come across as qualified.
- Over promise on results
- Come across as a know it all
- Use silly flowery language
- Took a 6 week class on coaching, or just got laid off from their job and think that they are qualified to help business owners.
We are qualified, because we are small business owners who have been growing businesses for over 20 years. We are in the trenches, and experiencing what you are. Like many, we also found marketing to be a very fickle and mysterious thing. We have had marketing campaigns go WRONG, we have been disappointed by marketing companies that promised to help, only to find they couldn’t deliver. As a result, we were forced to studied marketing for ourselves, tried stuff, took classes, read books, tried more stuff. We found that our skill of understanding human behavior helped us to crack that fickle code of marketing. We started helping clients with their marketing communication and found that they were seeing dramatic results.
Why are we qualified? Because we have tirelessly taken the time to learn, understand, and implement what makes businesses successful.
Our Motto: We will never ask you to do anything we haven’t done or been willing to do ourselves.
Still have questions? Give us a call 866-627-6753. Or send us a note
We started because we owned a medical imaging business, and had questions. We belonged to a group that provided an informal board of mentors that helped with the everyday issues. Later we purchased that company and after asking other business owners the question “What are you looking for that you are currently not finding?” They answered “A place where I can talk about how things are really going, and get answers”.
We evolved as our customers needs evolved. When we noticed they needed something we added it to our list of offerings.
We started by offering Peer Advisory Boards to business owners. The community needed a place to talk about what what really going on in their business. The groups led to individual business Coaching (one on one), which led to Team coaching (Working with the staff of the business).
We found that more often than not, business owners were coming to us to help them with their own marketing. We also found that our own quest to understand marketing and how to create effective compelling campaigns was an area we became quite proficient in over the years. We evolved again and now focus almost all of our efforts with clients on helping them market themselves.
For more info visit our products page http://mentalcompass.com/our-products/
We were recently having a conversation with a client who was struggling with a marketing message. Actually, creating a clear and concise marketing message is a common conversation at The Entrepreneur Circle.
For some reason we want to over complicate marketing.
- We get too fancy for our own good
- We think we need to use flowery language, or buy expensive campaigns
- We want to try Bizarre TV commercials
What we need to do is simplify our message.
- Be super clear on your target market
- Understand how prospects want to be communicated with
- Understand what’s important to them
- Create a clear, simple, easy to understand message .
- Tell the truth
- Treat people like intelligent adults
“I need to market myself better” is something we hear from Small Business owners all the time at The Entrepreneur Circle.
You very well may need to market yourself better – and we can always help with that. But before, you go ahead and start another marketing strategy that may or may not work. We suggest you look at a few other things first.
What are your Personal strengths?
What are your Business strengths?
Who is your Target audience?
After you answer the above questions, then create a marketing strategy to communicate with your future customers.
Still have questions? Give us a call 866-627-6753, or send us a note
This is such a common question. We don’t really coach “knowledge”. We’re not telling you what to do. Let’s face it, most of the time business owners are looking for ways to grow their business. The number one statement we hear is “I need better marketing”. We have found that marketing plans work best when the business owner has a clear understanding of
- Their business
- Their client
- The activities they are engaging in
- And what they are really willing to do
Oftentimes, a business owner hires a marketing company without a clear understanding of these things, and wants to get right to it. We get it, marketing companies cost money, lack of marketing costs money, time costs money. Business owners with limited budgets want to get right to it, and don’t want to spend time on silly stuff. Unfortunately, they also find that marketing plans usually disappoint and they are back to where they started. A business coach will help pull that stuff out and help the business owner get clearer on how they should market.
Business coaching doesn’t mean the business owner is weak, or incapable. It’s intended to be very deliberate, to help the business owner see things from a different perspective, and find the answers to the challenges they are having.
As one client put it,“we help you clear all the crap out of your head, which gives you more mental capacity to grow your business”. Coaching also helps you build your business your way. We just help facilitate that process for you.
“I’m Looking for a Better Marketing Strategy”
At The Entrepreneur Circle we often hear “I need a better marketing strategy” from our business owner clients. Before we get to discussing specific strategies, there’s a few important questions we need to address first:
- Is everything else in your business functioning as it should be?
- Are you providing great service?
- Is your offering something that people want?
- Do people believe that you are capable of providing what they need?
If you answer yes to all of these, then it may be time to look at your messaging. Is your message crystal clear and compelling to the right target audience? If not, that’s the place to start. Once you have a clear message and clear offering for the right audience, there’s a number of potential marketing strategies that will work. Unfortunately, there is no way to get around the initial work of really understanding your marketplace.
Still have questions? Give us a call 866-627-6753, or send us a note
“Should I do my own marketing?” is a question we hear a lot from clients of The Entrepreneur Circle. In many cases, the answer might be yes:
- You know your market
- You know your business and industry
- You know the habits of your customers
- You have the most passion for your business
However, the million dollar question to ask yourself “will you do everything that needs to be done?” Marketing plans don’t have to be fancy or expensive, they have to be compelling and consistent.
- So, yes you can do it yourself if:
- You’re good at it
- You stay on top of it
- Willing to bring in others as necessary
Another benefit to doing your own marketing is it will help you understand where you need professionals. Of course, if you try it and find it’s not something for you, you can always bring in a marketing company.
Still have questions? Give us a call 866-627-6753 send us a note
Small business owner clients of The Entrepreneur Circle ask us all the time…what’s the best form of marketing for my business?
There are so many choices
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Direct Mail
People are often confused about what’s going to work best for them. So…how should you go about deciding which forms of marketing will have the greatest effect?
There are many factors to consider, below are just a few.
- How does your target audience like to get its information?
- Test different methods
- What has worked in the past?
- Are you doing it yourself?
- Where are your interests and skills?
- What type of product do you sell?
Still have questions? Give us a call 866-627-6753 or send us a note
There are a few reasons our clients grow.
We help you get a clear understanding of
- The marketplace you serve
- Why your customers buy from you
- How your customers want to hear from you
- Create plans that work
- We help you execute on your plans and stay accountable to achieving the results you desire
- Keep you on track
Average reported growth is 24 -37% a year
Coaching is billed by the hour. One hour business coaching costs $175.00. Typically clients like to meet for 2 hours a month. (no long term commitment required).
It’s funny how many people think that hiring a business coach is very expensive. We think it’s expensive because we have all heard of the coaches/consultants that charge $25 – 30k a year, with results ranging from “worth every penny” to “complete waste of time and money”. In actuality, hiring a coach can range in price, and many are pleasantly surprised to find out how affordable it really can be.
How much does it cost to hire a business coach? Ok, the indirect answer is that it varies. Some charge anywhere form $500 – $30,000 annually. I’ve even met a coach that says he charges $50k annually. Some charge an initiation fee, and some don’t. Initiation fees can range $500 – $5000. I bet your thinking, “not really helpful yet, please answer the question”. I will, I just wanted to give you a picture of what you can expect.
Why the range in price?
The simple answer is that it depends on what you want, how much you need from the coach, and how much experience they have.
It’s easy to see why so many people shy away from this.
Is the fee relative to the experience, service and results I will receive?
No, as I mentioned in the beginning of this article. We have all heard of the business coach that charged $25k and didn’t help a bit, and the coach that charged $25k and helped turn the company around. On the other end of the spectrum, some coaches charge $50 – $200 per hour with the same feedback. So, don’t base your decision on the price alone.
How should I base my decision?
The easy answer to this question is to base this buying decision, the same way you would buy a car
- Why are you buying it? Are you looking for practicality, prestige, safety, price, need something?
- What do you need? The works? The basics? Something in between? Don’t care?
- How are you paying for it? Cash? Down payment and Financing? 100% financing? Can’t afford?
If you are looking for prestige, the works and you have unlimited income. You probably will want to hire the $25k – $50k coach. They will have all the bells and whistles
- Well-known brand
- A licensed platform
- Lots of tools and dashboards
- Ivy league educated advisors that spent some portion of their career as a corporate executive
- Meetings that require travel
- class A office space
- Advertises specific industry knowledge
- Have tiered offerings
- Hiring them is a badge of honor
If you are looking for Practicality, something in between, and can finance. You will probably want to hire the $150 – $700 a month coach
- Usually local, but can also work virtual
- In business for a while
- Somewhat known
- Some tools
- B or C class office space
- Advertise industry knowledge
- Follow a less formal curriculum
- Have different products to choose from
If you are looking for the basics at a limited budget. $50 – $125 per month
- Newer to the industry
- Home office
- Less structured
- Worked as an executive or middle management prior to opening a practice
Don’t have any money, but need something
- There are free programs offered through government, or colleges and universities
- SCORE is a national program
- Sometimes the D.O.L. or local job boards have programs available
- On line: Blogs, podcasts, articles, forums can also be helpful
- Purchase a Business book
But you didn’t tell me which is the best option…
At each level there are the good ones and there are the bad ones. Hopefully, you don’t spend $30k on a bad one.
- Start with identifying which level and price point you are looking for
- Interview them. Do you feel comfortable?
- Do they have a track record of results? Do they have testimonials? Are people talking about the things they have done?
- Do they speak a language you understand? You don’t need to feel stupid when you are with them.
- Do you believe or trust them?
- What is included in the fee they are asking? Let’s face it, if you buy a car, you hope it comes with brakes, a motor, seats, doors and a steering wheel.
- Do they ask for a long-term commitment? Are you comfortable with that?
- If they have a contract, and it doesn’t’ go well, can you get out of the contract?
- Do they have experience?
- Where did they get their experience?
- Do they practice what they preach?
- Can you afford it, or will it be stressful every time they draft a payment? (If you buy something you can’t afford, you won’t be able to give the relationship what it properly needs and want to rush the process.)
- What is their confidentiality policy?
- Will you work with the same person/team every time? Can you choose who you work with and who you don’t work with?
- Can you add or remove time with ease? Let’s say you initially buy weekly coaching, but want to change it to monthly coaching, can you change your mind part way through the relationship?
- What will they do for you? Some coaches will only coach. Some will come in to evaluate and give you a report. Some will help you implement on projects.
- How much time will be asked of you? If you choose to work with a coach, they will ask you to put time and effort into executing on your goals and getting the most out of the relationship. They may even suggest other activities that will help you achieve the results you are looking for. Watch out for organizations that demand attendance and time to activities that aren’t in that realm. Have the “What’s expected of me conversation”.
- Will you be held accountable?
At the Entrepreneur Circle we fall in the practicality realm. We are business owners who have been growing a business for over 20 years and understand the everyday issues of the small business owner. We have helped hundreds of small business owners solve their most pressing issues, using realistic, cost effective, practical techniques. Our fees range from $175 – $500 a month, we offer a complementary session to start, and we don’t hold anyone to a contract.