The Entrepreneur Circle is a coaching, consulting, and advisory company that helps Business Owners:
Get out of their own way
Execute on their goals
Grow their business
Manage more efficiently
Acquire new customers...
And, overcome challenges
Some Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question we hear a lot, folks don’t always understand what we do, and if it is right for them. This video will explain things a bit more clearly.
The Entrepreneur Circle is a coaching, consulting, and advisory company that helps Business Owners:
- Get out of their own way
- Execute on their goals
- Grow their business
- Manage more efficiently
- Acquire new customers…
- And, overcome challenges
We do that by providing the following products
- Peer advisory boards (Roundtable Groups)
- One on One Coaching
- Project Management
Visit our products page to find out more http://mentalcompass.com/our-products/
Business owners typically approach us when they feel as though …
– Something doesn’t feel right about their business
– Their business isn’t growing as fast as they would like
– Feel overwhelm, or that the business is running them
– They business has evolved and now have to figure out hiring, managing people, marketing, finances.
– Starting to hate their business, and want to bring the joy back
Sometimes people are confused as to why they should hire a business coach. We exist to help you solve problems and get things done in your business.
For more information visit www.mentalcompass.com
Business owners will often ask this question. Why? Because often times business coaches don’t come across as qualified. They come across as a know it all, use silly flowery language, took a 6 week class on coaching, or just got laid off from their job and think that they are qualified to help business owners.
We are qualified, because we are small business owners who have been growing businesses for over 20 years. We are in the trenches, and experiencing what you are. We just happen to be really good at understanding human behavior, and take the time to study the things that will make a difference in owning a business.
Our Motto: We will never ask you to do anything we haven’t done or been willing to do ourselves.
For more info go to www.mentalcompass.com
Often, when we are meeting with a client, we identify some things in their business that need to get done. These can be ongoing operational projects, marketing related projects, or one-off projects. Much of the time, the business owner doesn’t have the capacity, staff, or the time to do it themselves. Here’s where we can help.
Many small business owners hire us to manage these projects or solve operational challenges. They’ll know that they want to implement a strategy and will often say “can you just do it for me?”
Here’s just a few of the types of projects we’ve worked on:
– Creation and implementation of strategic plans
– Implementation of social media campaigns
– Creating a marketing plan
– Vetting and interviewing potential employees
– Management of large business projects, such as an online HR portal
– Business Reorganizations
– Creation of programs for nonprofits
If it’s an area that we’re not experts in, we will find the right people to solve your problem and we’ll manage the entire process. Business owners seem to love having someone they can turn to that can help them get real things accomplished.
For more information visit http://mentalcompass.com/project-management/
We started because we owned a medical imaging business, and had questions. We belonged to a group that provided an informal board of mentors that helped with the everyday issues. Later we purchased that company and after asking other business owners the question “What are you looking for that you are currently not finding?” They answered “A place where I can talk about how things are really going, and get answers”.
We evolved as our customers needs evolved. When we noticed they needed something we added it to our list of offerings.
Our product line has evolved into offering
Peer Advisory Boards Business
Coaching (one on one)
Team coaching (Working with the staff of the business)
Project management (helping with hires, marketing plans, etc)
For more info visit our products page http://mentalcompass.com/our-products/
There are a few reasons our clients grow.
- The ideas you will hear in your Roundtable group
- The ideas you will hear in your one on one coaching sessions
- The increased capacity because of the coaching sessions
- We help you execute on your plans and stay accountable to achieving the results you desire
It’s funny how many people think that hiring a business coach is very expensive. We think it’s expensive because we have all heard of the coaches/consultants that charge $25 – 30k a year, with results ranging from “worth every penny” to “complete waste of time and money”. In actuality, hiring a coach can range in price, and many are pleasantly surprised to find out how affordable it really can be.
How much does it cost to hire a business coach? Ok, the indirect answer is that it varies. Some charge anywhere form $500 – $30,000 annually. I’ve even met a coach that says he charges $50k annually. Some charge an initiation fee, and some don’t. Initiation fees can range $500 – $5000. I bet your thinking, “not really helpful yet, please answer the question”. I will, I just wanted to give you a picture of what you can expect.
Why the range in price?
The simple answer is that it depends on what you want, how much you need from the coach, and how much experience they have.
It’s easy to see why so many people shy away from this.
Is the fee relative to the experience, service and results I will receive?
No, as I mentioned in the beginning of this article. We have all heard of the business coach that charged $25k and didn’t help a bit, and the coach that charged $25k and helped turn the company around. On the other end of the spectrum, some coaches charge $50 – $200 per hour with the same feedback. So, don’t base your decision on the price alone.
How should I base my decision?
The easy answer to this question is to base this buying decision, the same way you would buy a car
- Why are you buying it? Are you looking for practicality, prestige, safety, price, need something?
- What do you need? The works? The basics? Something in between? Don’t care?
- How are you paying for it? Cash? Down payment and Financing? 100% financing? Can’t afford?
If you are looking for prestige, the works and you have unlimited income. You probably will want to hire the $25k – $50k coach. They will have all the bells and whistles
- Well-known brand
- A licensed platform
- Lots of tools and dashboards
- Ivy league educated advisors that spent some portion of their career as a corporate executive
- Meetings that require travel
- class A office space
- Advertises specific industry knowledge
- Have tiered offerings
- Hiring them is a badge of honor
If you are looking for Practicality, something in between, and can finance. You will probably want to hire the $150 – $700 a month coach
- Usually local, but can also work virtual
- In business for a while
- Somewhat known
- Some tools
- B or C class office space
- Advertise industry knowledge
- Follow a less formal curriculum
- Have different products to choose from
If you are looking for the basics at a limited budget. $50 – $125 per month
- Newer to the industry
- Home office
- Less structured
- Worked as an executive or middle management prior to opening a practice
Don’t have any money, but need something
- There are free programs offered through government, or colleges and universities
- SCORE is a national program
- Sometimes the D.O.L. or local job boards have programs available
- On line: Blogs, podcasts, articles, forums can also be helpful
- Purchase a Business book
But you didn’t tell me which is the best option…
At each level there are the good ones and there are the bad ones. Hopefully, you don’t spend $30k on a bad one.
- Start with identifying which level and price point you are looking for
- Interview them. Do you feel comfortable?
- Do they have a track record of results? Do they have testimonials? Are people talking about the things they have done?
- Do they speak a language you understand? You don’t need to feel stupid when you are with them.
- Do you believe or trust them?
- What is included in the fee they are asking? Let’s face it, if you buy a car, you hope it comes with brakes, a motor, seats, doors and a steering wheel.
- Do they ask for a long-term commitment? Are you comfortable with that?
- If they have a contract, and it doesn’t’ go well, can you get out of the contract?
- Do they have experience?
- Where did they get their experience?
- Do they practice what they preach?
- Can you afford it, or will it be stressful every time they draft a payment? (If you buy something you can’t afford, you won’t be able to give the relationship what it properly needs and want to rush the process.)
- What is their confidentiality policy?
- Will you work with the same person/team every time? Can you choose who you work with and who you don’t work with?
- Can you add or remove time with ease? Let’s say you initially buy weekly coaching, but want to change it to monthly coaching, can you change your mind part way through the relationship?
- What will they do for you? Some coaches will only coach. Some will come in to evaluate and give you a report. Some will help you implement on projects.
- How much time will be asked of you? If you choose to work with a coach, they will ask you to put time and effort into executing on your goals and getting the most out of the relationship. They may even suggest other activities that will help you achieve the results you are looking for. Watch out for organizations that demand attendance and time to activities that aren’t in that realm. Have the “What’s expected of me conversation”.
- Will you be held accountable?
At the Entrepreneur Circle we fall in the practicality realm. We are business owners who have been growing a business for over 20 years and understand the everyday issues of the small business owner. We have helped hundreds of small business owners solve their most pressing issues, using realistic, cost effective, practical techniques. Our fees range from $175 – $500 a month, we offer a complementary session to start, and we don’t hold anyone to a contract.
On average our fees range from $175 – $500 a month, we offer a complementary session to start, and we don’t hold anyone to a contract.
This is such a common question. We don’t really coach “knowledge”. We’re not telling you what to do. As one client put it,“we help you clear all the crap out of your head, which gives you more mental capacity to grow your business”. Coaching also helps you build your business your way. We just help facilitate that process for you.
No! These are structured, facilitated peer advisory boards where you will learn and get ideas from your peers who have experienced many of the same things you are. It’s groups of smart people sharing wisdom, advice, and helping remove the isolation that business ownership can bring.
We’ve heard this a million times. But it’s usually in the execution where business owners struggle the most. If you “just need to execute”, why aren’t you? We’ll help you work through the challenges that are preventing you from executing at 100%.
- I need marketing ideas that work
- I need predictable revenue
- I have lots of things to get done, yet I never seem to find the time
- I feel overwhelmed or stagnant
- I need a reliable staff
Here’s how we helped an insurance agency owner generate $170,000 in one month using a very simple idea. We have a client who would often feel […]
How we helped a Business Owner consistently grow 25% per year in a flat market… Several years ago, when the market was going through an amazing […]
How one client grows 27% per year by simply eliminating the unacceptable This next idea sounds so obvious but it’s something that people have a real […]
Here’s how we helped one business owner grow their company by more than 25% per year while cutting their work week to 4 days. We have […]
We look forward to helping you create your Business by design for your brighter future.
“I am constantly evaluating where I spend my money. The E Circle is Worth every penny that I have spent. I am far better off than I was before I started.”
“The Entrepreneur Circle has helped me laser in on my goals, focus on where I want to go and not get distracted by all the “stuff” around me. As a result my productivity has increased by 60 – 70%, and I have a group of people to hold me accountable to being successful.”
I joined The E Circle because I was looking for mentors to help me fine tune my business and take it to the next level. What I found was that I joined an organization that not only assisted me with my business but provided me a community of people where I have developed strong bonds. Maria and my group allowed me to identify and work to my strengths and removed the feeling that I needed to live up to a mythical business ideal. I am getting everything I could have hoped for, but I stay because E Circle provides me so much more.
It has provided me a forum of bright individuals where I can discuss issues, ideas, and strategy. I would not be able to get this anywhere else. In the past 12 months, net of membership fees, my net worth is at least $125,000 higher as a direct result of being a new member.
I had an opportunity to join a peer advisory board of women and have found the experience to be more beneficial than I had ever imagined. I found my peers to be instrumental in my entrepreneurial journey and look forward to our meetings and the occasional get together as they have become very important people to my life. They are my trusted peers, solution resources and friends. I would recommend to any female entrepreneur to recognize the value others can bring to your success.
“I can’t talk to other people about business. My friends have regular jobs. The group, and one on one sessions made me feel less alone, and helped me understand the reality of being in business. I am surrounded by quality people, and I don’t have to recreate the wheel. I’ve experienced 40 – 50% growth each year.”
“Before I invest in a product or service, I think about my average commission. If it will help me get one new client, it will have paid for itself. Between, helping create more efficient ways of doing things, and helping me streamline my sales approach, E Circle has paid for itself many times over.”
“As a solopreneur you often feel isolated, you can’t talk to your clients, or your employees. The E Circle provides me sanity, someplace to run things by people, get direction, prioritize what I need to do, and pushes me to accomplish what needs to be done.”
I have dramatically increased my productivity and net profits. It’s the best business decision I ever made. I strongly encourage any business person to make this commitment.
My sales are up 80% and my profit is up 150%. This has really helped me focus on what is important for the growth and prosperity of my business. It keeps me on track.